Parents who use bottles need to make sure to properly sterilize their bottles. Sterilization is an important process to protect your growing child. Busy parents can easily let the bottles pile up and forget to clean until they are all used. Then, you have to rush and try to make sure you get some clean.
Researching and selecting the best baby bottle sterilizer is a way to save your time and ensure your child’s safety. Infants are more vulnerable than older children and adults to infections. Their immune systems are still in the early developmental stages and are rather sensitive. Using a baby bottle sterilizer is the only way to guarantee no parasites and viruses live on your child’s bottles.
The Types of Baby Bottle Sterilizers
On the market, there two general types of best baby bottle sterilizers. There are some other options, but the most common and popular options are electric sterilizers and microwavable steam sterilizers. Another option you may encounter is the battery powered UV bottle sterilizers. They are designed to kill germs with ultraviolet lights. The lights, despite their small size, are very powerful. However, the UV sterilizers are less popular because they only sterilize one bottle at a time.
- Electric Bottle Sterilizers: These are one of the most common varieties of sterilizers. They use super-hot steam to kill any germs and bacteria living on the bottles. You will find many options on the market, so there will be one in your price range and fit your needs.
You will want to make sure the sterilizer can hold more than one bottle at a time. If you use multiple a day, that is an important feature. Some sterilizers can even dry and deodorize the bottles as well.
Electric Sterilizers are easy to use and take under 10 minutes. They have a variety of options. However, they are also more expensive and can take up more room on the countertop.
- Microwave Bottle Sterilizer: Just like with the electric sterilizers, the microwave sterilizers use heated steam to kill germs and bacteria. You add the bottles and water to the microwave and turn on the microwave for the right amount of time-based on the wattage of your microwave.
Microwave sterilizers won’t be able to dry or deodorize the bottles, which means you have dry each bottle. However, they are cheaper and can be stored away when not in use. This is a great feature for compact kitchens. They are simple to use without any bells and whistles.
- UV Bottle Sterilizers: These are a less attractive option, but there are some significant benefits to the UV sterilizers. You need to keep these on your list of possibilities for the best baby bottle sterilizers. Unlike our first two options, these sterilizers use ultraviolet lights to kill germs and bacteria. No steam or heat is required.
If you find your family on the go frequently, the UV sterilizers are also portable. They are lightweight and small. However, this means sometimes you will need to sterilize the bottle in pieces, not as a whole bottle. Note that the UV bottle sterilizers only sterilize one bottle at a time.
You will find that these are a fairly priced option. In fact, they are usually cheaper than the electric versions. Even though they can take 10 minutes or longer to sterilize, they are a great option for when you leave the house.
The 6 Best Baby Bottle Sterilizers
Philips Avent 3-in-1 Electric Steam Sterilizer
There are some Avent products on the market, so the name should be familiar to most parents. Their electric steam sterilizer is one of the best rated on the market today, and it can kill 95% of germs and bacteria without the use of any chemicals. Let’s take a look at some of the features to know.
- Parents can fit up to six standard bottles in the sterilizer. You can also use wide and narrow necked bottles.
- The sterilization process takes only 5 minutes, which is one of the fastest on the market.
- Parents can program the baby bottle sterilizer to shut off automatically. It is such a nice, convenient feature.
You don’t have to worry about separating bottle parts. There is enough space to put the bottles in whole or each part individually. Avent also added removable compartment so parents can sterilize nipples, pacifiers, and cutlery. The chamber where the bottles are cleaned is also separate and removable.
Another one of the reasons why the Philips Avent sterilizer is so popular is it is quite compact. If you have a smaller kitchen, it won’t require too much space on your countertops. Even though it is smaller, the sterilizer can still hold six bottles, which is a good amount. I love the auto shut off feature; you can program it and go about doing other necessary chores. Moms need the ability to multitask!
Many parents believe the Philips Avent 3-in-1 is the best baby bottle sterilizer. It is easy to use, durable, compact, and has a great price tag.
Philips Avent Microwave Steam Sterilizer
Our next sterilizer is also made by Philips Avent. They advertise that the sterilizer can kill over 99% of bacteria in two minutes. If you are looking for a microwave steam sterilizer, the reviews and ratings of the Avent one show the love for the product. Let’s take a glance at some great details.
- It can sterilize up to four natural or classic sized bottles at a time.
- Stay cool safety handles make it easy to pick up and manage the sterilizer.
- Depending on your microwave wattage, the sterilization process takes between two and six minutes.
- Bottles stay sterilized for 24 hours with the lid closed.
The incredible advantage of the Philips Avent microwave sterilizer is ease of use. Everyone wants products that are easy to use and don’t require too much thought process. I couldn’t believe how simple the instructions were for the sterilization process. To use, you just need to fill the compartment up with water to the indicated level. Then, place the sterilizer into the microwave. Turn it on for the specified amount of time-based on the wattage of your microwave.
Because of the interior plate, you can use the sterilizer for breast pumps and pacifiers as well. Even though it says it can hold natural or classic bottles, you can use most varieties in the sterilizer.
Another nice feature is the sterilizer is lightweight. It only weighs 2 pounds. You could easily transport the sterilizer to places you know there will be a microwave. All of the plastic is BPA free. Overall, the Philips Avent microwave steam sterilizer is a great option because of the budget friendly place, ease of use and lightweight design.
Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer
Parents usually want to avoid using any chemical on their baby’s items, especially any item that may end up inside of their mouths! The Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer is an excellent, budget-friendly option. Let’s look at some of the nice details of the sterilizer.
- Parents will love the budget price tag!
- The sterilizer can hold up to four bottles and two breast pump shields.
- The open away latch will prevent steam burns.
- Heat resistant handles make transferring and moving the sterilizer a much easier and safer process.
- Sterilizes bottles in two to six minutes.
The sterilization process starts with filling the compartment with water. You only need to add around 7oz of water. This creates enough steam to heat the bottles up for a specified amount of time. Depending on the strength of your microwave, sterilization can be done in two minutes or more.
One of my favorite details is the safety features Munchkin added for the parents. First, the addition of the heat resistant handles makes the possibility of burns less likely. Before, transferring the sterilizer from the microwave to the countertop was a dangerous procedure. Then, the open away latch means you don’t have to be blasted with hot steam when opening the compartment. The other feature I like is the lock guard which prevents it from opening.
The Munchkin sterilizer can hold up to 4 bottles of all sizes and shapes. You can also fit two breast pump shields into the compartment. Parents can use this to sterilize nipples, pacifiers, and nipples. While there aren’t any fancy features to this sterilizer, it is dependable, affordable and safe for use.
Tommee Tippee Electric Steam Sterilizer
Tommee Tippee makes some of the best bottles on the market for babies. Naturally, they also have a great sterilizer for their bottles. They designed their best baby bottle sterilizer to be easy to use and fast, giving parents an effortless way to ensure their feeding accessories are safe for their child. Their electric steam sterilizer can kill up to 99% of bacteria on bottles without the use of any chemicals. Let’s take a look at some of the features parents need to know about their sterilizer.
- The sterilization process is eight minutes from start to finish. It only takes eight minutes to warm up, sterilize all of the items, and cool down!
- The compartment holds up to six Closer to Nature bottles.
- It comes with two 5oz Closer to Nature bottles, one formula dispenser, and nipple tongs.Use the lid as a sterile bottle prep surface.
- The sterilizer can keep bottles sterile for 24 hours when the lid is closed.
The process of sterilization is very easy. Once the water is added, all it takes is a push of a button to begin the process. It takes five minutes to sterilize all of the parts, plus the time to warm up and cool down. When you push the button on, it glows orange. The orange glow will disappear when the cycle is finished.
Tommee Tippee had parents in mind when they created the sterilizer. The sterilizer is compact and is perfect for kitchens that need space-saving devices. There are only a few parts, so it won’t take long to clean the sterilizer. Also, the entire unit is all BPA and phthalate free.
Although the price is a bit higher than the microwave steam sterilizers, the Tommee Tippee holds more bottles than most sterilizers. It is easy to use and doesn’t require a nearby microwave. If you are using the Closer to Nature bottles, you need to give the sterilizer a try!
Wabi Baby Electric Steam Sterilizer and Dryer Plus Version
Parents love things that make our lives easier. With young children underfoot, we are always looking for devices to help us. The Wabi Baby Electric Steam Sterilizer was designed with parents in mind. There are some amazing features!
- The Wabi Baby sterilizer can hold up to eight bottles at one time!
- The sterilization process takes eight to 15 minutes.
- When the process has finished, the smart sensor will go off, letting parents know everything is finished and bottles are ready to be used.Parents will have no trouble figuring out how to work the sterilizer. Add water to the indicated level, put all of the bottles inside of the compartment, and press the button. It really can’t get simpler than that!The sterilizer also dries the bottles after sterilizing. If you use it as a storage area for bottles, it will run the dryer for 10 minutes every three hours, so all of the bottles and objects stay dry.The memory setting keeps all of your information stored for the next use.
- The extra-large basket lets parents sterilize bottles, breast pumps, sippy cups, pacifiers, teething toys, nipples and more.
With all of these impressive features, it is easy to understand why it has to be one of the best baby bottle sterilizers. The price tag is higher for this product, but it is easy to figure out why it is more costly. The Wabi Baby is one of the only 3-in-1 baby bottle sterilizers.
All of the plastic in the sterilizer is safe for infants as well. It was designed with FDA food grade approved materials. You can rest assured that your child isn’t being exposed to unnecessary chemicals.
My favorite feature is the dryer! Traditional air drying can take forever. Plus, the bottles are exposed to dirt and dust in the air. With the sterilizer, we don’t have to worry about time-consuming air drying. The Wabi Baby sterilizer is big enough to storage a whole day’s worth of bottles, without taking too much space on your countertops.
Baby Brezza Sterilizer and Dryer
The Baby Brezza offers four different functions in on the device. You can sterilize and dry the bottles, sterilize only, dry only, or use it as a storage area for bottles. This is a unique sterilizer, so let’s take a look at some of the features to help you understand the Baby Brezza sterilizer.
- It takes only eight minutes to sterilize your baby’s bottles.
- The drying feature allows parents to select between 30, 45, or 60-minute drying cycles for the bottles after the sterilization process finishes.
- Parents can sterilize up to six bottles at a time along with additional accessories. You can use any size and shape bottle in the sterilizer with ease.Bottles remain sterile so long as the lid stays closed for up to 24 hours.
- The sterilizing compartment is removable to give parents a spacious storage area.
When you use the Baby Brezza sterilizer, the process is going to be a breeze. There are different buttons for each function you may desire. You can opt for the just sterilizing the bottles or a combination of sterilizing and drying. The digital reader lets you know what selection you made and also has the drying cycle timer.
The Baby Brezza has many of the same features as the Wabi Baby sterilizer. However, the Baby Brezza is a bit cheaper than the Wabi baby. Either way, the drying feature is appealing to many parents. It removes one more step and a chore for parents. It also prevents the spread of germs or bacteria are the sterilization process.
Some parents don’t believe sterilizers are an important investment. However, the safety and health of your child should be of the utmost importance. Sterilization ensures your baby doesn’t encounter unnecessary germs and bacteria on their feeding supplies.
First, parents have to decide which style of bottle sterilizer they prefer. The six options listed above show only electric and microwave options because they are the most popular. Determine which method works the best for your family. Also, it is important to make sure the item fits well into your budget. Luckily, there are options here from under $20 to over $100. No matter how much you have to spend, there is an option.
We hope that this review was helpful! We will love to know if you use a baby bottle sterilizer. Let us know your favorite one and why in the comments!